The NextGenPower project is about "Meeting the materials and manufacturing challenge for ultra high efficiency pulverized coal-fired power plants with carbon capture and storage"
NextGenPower is a unique integrated project as it aims to demonstrate new alloys and coatings in boiler, turbine and interconnecting pipework. The concept of NextGenPower is to perform innovative demonstrations that will significantly contribute to the EU target to increase the efficiency in existing and new build pulverized coal power plants.
- Starting date: 1st of May, 2010
- Duration: 48 months
- Budget: 10.3 million €
- EU contribution: 6 million €
- Funding Scheme: Collaborative Project, Large-scale Integrating Project
- Topic: ENERGY.2009.6.1.1 Efficiency increases in existing and new build pulverised coal fired power plants with a view to CCS
- Contract No: ENER/FP7EN/249745/"NEXTGENPOWER"
The NextGenPower project was presented in the Industrial Technologies 2012 Conference taking place from June 19th - 21st in Aarhus, Denmark. More information can be found here.
On May 22nd and 23rd 2012 the NextGenPower consortium met for the General Assembly and the Second Annual Workshop in Tomášov, Slowakia. More information can be found here.